Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without tra

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without tracing
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:57:41 -0400 (EDT)

> The use of '_' instead of ',' needs getting used to, but apparent it gets
> around the variable-argument-number problem nicely.

maybe - though I'd have to test & see that the different preprocessor
agree (some people tend to think that if it works in gcc, it's portable -
I can remember an order-of-evaluation problem in gcc which the GNU people
had to abandon 4-5 years ago because it wasn't ANSI compatible)

> It would be a problem if we used _() as a shhorthand for gettext(); but
> fortunately the lynx code uses gettext() directly.
>
> This would require replacing all TRACE messages throughout the code;
> but so would the other approaches that are worth considering, I think.
>
> I agree with Tom though that this is probably not the best time for it.

yes - I'd rather do stuff like that early in a cycle.  This week I'm working
to finish off changes for xterm for a code freeze in XFree86, then (unless
people have different ideas) it's time to do the same for lynx.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden