Re: lynx-dev http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html

From: Louis Epstein
Subject: Re: lynx-dev http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:45:20 +0000 ()

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, le wrote:
>
> > Beyond that,I'm puzzled as to why high-bidder lists at the domain
> > www.surplusauction.com are accessible to 2.6 but not to 2.8.1.
>
> It would help if you gave the full URL that is giving you trouble.
> A recent development version doesn't have trouble getting to
> "http://www.surplusauction.com/images/high_bidders.gif";.
>                              Doug

An example...
http://www.surplusauction.com/wc.dll?Lots~Info~90419A-ME5601&UID=DF1
has,for Lynx 2.6,a functioning link "Click here to view high bidders list"
http://www.surplusauction.com/wc.dll?Lots~Info~90419A-ME5601~HI&UID=DF1

but in 2.8.1 the "Click here..." is dead text,not a link.
(This is typical of lots).

(The 2.6 is running under FreeBSD 2.1 and the 2.8.1 under FreeBSD 2.2.8).