Re: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html [lynx-dev]

From: mattack
Subject: Re: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html [lynx-dev]
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Michael Warner wrote:
>On or about 17 Apr, 1999, Doug Kaufman
><address@hidden> wrote:
>> You need to turn on "image links". While in lynx, you
>> control this with the "*" key. It can also be set from your

>I don't think that's the problem.  They use an IMG in place
>of link text, and the '*' key just gets the IMG url
>(.../high_bidders.gif), not the url of the bidders list.
>The link he wants is available as a "hidden link" on the
>'L'inks page.  Using the "-hiddenlinks=merge" commandline

So what exactly is a hidden link?

I mean, how does someone create a hidden link and why would they do so?
(I presume it's not hidden in GUI browsers?)

I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression that "image links" needs to
be turned on for the case where an image is linked to a URL.. i.e. instead
of a link being text, the link is a picture.. and since most people don't
view images in links, this causes these types of links to be invisible.
(..and causes confusion for Lynx users often..)