Re: lynx-dev Lynx and downloading files

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and downloading files
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Don Adaway wrote:

> >> I am using version 2.8.1rel.1 under W95.
> >
> >> It works admirably for most purposes but if I download a binary file by
> >> http or ftp the procedure, while appearing to work, loses the file.
> Examining the target directory C:\LYNX\SAVED with the same program I
> found that there was an entry for the downloaded file with its proper
> name except again for the first letter.  This version of the file was
> zero length and not recoverable.

This sounds like a problem with your cp.exe program. Do you have it
in your PATH or in the same directory as lynx (assuming that is your
working directory). Does it work to copy binaries when you are working
in a DOS box? Lynx uses cp.exe to copy files from the TEMP directory to
your chosen location for the file.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman