Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 05:52:08 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>[...]
> I said incompatible, I meant incompatible - I've been inside the gnu
> c preprocessor more than once because newer releases introduce features
> that the older one does not understand.  Not something that you can
> solve with a snapshot.

  As I understood you, the most thing that confuse you is backward
compatiblity? IMO lynx sources use cpp very carefully and are pessimistic
about the ANSI compliance of cpp, so, IMO, the problems won't arise.
 BTW, I explored cccp today. IMO it won't be easy to hack it so it that it can
be compiled standalone (and be compact) - probably separate subdir,
Makefile.in will be reqired, and I afraid, this will be about (optimistically)
600 KB...

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad