lynx-dev Lynx Question

From: Cynthia Griffiths (516)233-6839
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx Question
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:46:29 +0000 (GMT)

I am using Lynx 2.4-FM on an digital alpha running VMS

When I run the following code:
<head>
<title>Link page</title>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- HIDE FROM OLD BROWSERS

function moveMail(taskForm){
document.theForm.submit()
}
// STOP HIDING -->
</script>
</head>

<form name="theForm" method="POST"
action="http://196.3.23.218/dbamail/webmaildba.pl";>
  <input type="hidden" name="addrto" value="cgriffiths"><input
type="hidden" name="addrfrom"
  value="DTM Monitoring"><input type="hidden" name="projname" value="System
Check"><input
  type="hidden" name="msgbody" value="Backlog of over 3 DTMS">
</form>

I get the following error:
   terminal = vt_400 series
   data transfer complete
BUT I'm am in a "hung" condition and must perform a cntrl Y to return to a
Lynx session (the webmaildba.pl perl script never gets called)

If I change the <input type> from "hidden" to "text" in the above code  I
don't hang but I default to interactive lynx and the action address never
is gotten to.

Thanks for any help,
Cindi

*****
In case you're wondering what I'm attempting to do.
The form outlined above presently calls a Perls script that sends mail.
It works on an NT box.

I am attempting to write DCL (VMS code) to check if the number of files is
greater than 3 in a directory, if so I want to notify the "on call person"
via email. I wrote the DCL command and was hoping to use Lynx to help me
access a netscape browser so that I can submit my form to the Perl script
to send mail. I was hoping to do all this as background procedures.

(Thanks Again)

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual  sender,
except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views of
Reuters Ltd.