Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #inclu

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #includes)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:50:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> > BOXVERT and BOXHORi only work with curses/ncurses, not with slang. I
> > think that they should be extended to slang, if possible.
>
> Lynx with slang just uses SLsmg_draw_box().  I don't know of an interface
> to tell slang what box drawing chars to use in that function. They seem to
> be hardwired.

If it's really not possible, then we'll live with it.

> > And a BOXCORNER would be nice too.
>
> None of them should be necessary if terminfo files had the right content
> and people used the right term type...

The problem is that not all terminal emulators support alternate character
sets.

> Well the terminfo language isn't really expressive enough for all
> situations. For the linux console, the display font can change during run
> time, some fonts support the drawing chars and others don't. One would
> have to change the term type at run time in order to always have the right
> capability info.

Do you mean that terminfo has been "abused" long before I used color
capabilities in the VT100 definition? I feel better now... :-)

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |