Re: lynx-dev userdefs.h vs. configure (was: INSTALLATION file changes)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev userdefs.h vs. configure (was: INSTALLATION file changes)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:07:48 +0900 (JST)

> Going through userdefs.h I found the following definitions, for which
> some setting cannot be deferred to lynx.cfg, and which cannot be done
> as ./configure flags

Thanks.  You've done all the work!

>    #define NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL TRUE
>    /* #define PERMIT_GOTO_FROM_JUMP */
>    #define LY_UMLAUT           [ does this still have an effect at all? ]
>    /* #define ALLOW_USERS_TO_CHANGE_EXEC_WITHIN_OPTIONS */
>    /* #define NEVER_ALLOW_REMOTE_EXEC */
>    #define LOCAL_EXECUTION_LINKS_ALWAYS_OFF_FOR_ANONYMOUS FALSE
>    Stuff in sections 3 and 4

This brings back memories now of why I reorganized userdefs.h.  I think
with more careful wording I can safely steer first-time installers on
Un*x away from editing userdefs.h.  Unfortunately, I highly doubt I will
be able to get into userdefs.h this time around.  I still think I will
have time to revise my proposed "fixes" to INSTALLATION and send them in.

__Henry