Re: lynx-dev Name

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Name
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:45:03 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello,
>
> I am sending this e-mail because I knew of an ISP in Lebanon, Middle East who
> is using the name LYNX with a diferent logo for a their new service.
>     http://www.lynx.net.lb/
> They are new and has nothing to do with Lynx browser.
>
> Aren't there any international or copyright law which can deal with this type
> of problems.

not really.  someone could trademark the name, but it would be only valid
in certain contexts.  ianal, but I don't think there's much that someone
else could do to trademark the name and forbid other current users to
continue using it.  so it's just something that we live with.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden