lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:17:11 +0400 (MSD)

> 1999-04-23 (2.8.2dev.23)
> * implement restrictions on options that can be set via the lynx.cfg "include"
>   directive -VH
>   For example, admins may specify
>     include:~/.lynx/colors:COLOR
>     include:~/.lynx/keymap:KEYMAP
>     include:~/.lynx/viewers:VIEWER
>   safely - and be sure that no critical options were altered by those files.
>   The syntax is
>     include:<filename>[:[<OPTNAME>* ] ]
>   More samples:
>     include:~/.lynx/rc:COLOR KEYMAP VIEWER SUFFIX
>     include:/usr/local/lib/lynx-cfg.part: #all settings can be changed

I had two configure files lynx_cfg.ok and included lynx.cfg
on my DOS system for a while.
With dev23 I got a nice *infinite* loop of error messages just on startup:

unknown option name \tools\lynx\lynx.cfg in c:\tools\lynx\lynx_cfg.ok
unknown option name \tools\lynx\lynx.cfg in c:\tools\lynx\lynx_cfg.ok
unknown option name \tools\lynx\lynx.cfg in c:\tools\lynx\lynx_cfg.ok
unknown option name \tools\lynx\lynx.cfg in c:\tools\lynx\lynx_cfg.ok
unknown option name \tools\lynx\lynx.cfg in c:\tools\lynx\lynx_cfg.ok

Apparently,
":" after drive letter was assumed as a separator before option name...
I still wonder why the loop is infinite.