Re: lynx-dev Jeez now I've started a non-Lynx discussion

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Jeez now I've started a non-Lynx discussion
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:32:31 -0400

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 07:33:58PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:

> be nice.  It seems obvious to me that if I give a directory to 'rm', I mean
> that I want to delete the directory and its contents.  Since any sane person
> has -i on by default, it won't lead to accidents either.)

I won't argue the point that I'm not entirely sane :-)  but I'd be
annoyed by all the extra prompting I'd get with the -i flag, especially
when deleting multiple files.  Yes, I know I could use -f, but I don't
see how it's any more difficult to type "rm -r" than "rm -f", and not
using -i has never caused me any problems.

As far as the slashes, I think we might as well use them, especially
since they do make a difference in some cases, and it's not like we're
saving a keystroke or something by including them.  An additional byte
of memory isn't much, either, if it avoids problems.

Chuck