Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 05:42:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>  May be we should impose a restriction, that there must be at least one ' '
> before ':' - and this solves problems for all OSes, as in
>
>  include:c:\lynx\mylynx.cfg :COLOR VIEWER

   include:c:\lynx\mylynx.cfg : COLOR VIEWER

looks slightly better... (they should be parsed the same way).

Btw. what would

   include:c:\lynx\mylynx.cfg :

mean? (a) everything disallowed (b) or everything allowed?

>  We can make a following rule: only first ' ' before ':' will be removed -
> to get a file name - this will allow the use of filenames terminating with
> space.

That makes ':' different in this new option than in all other options,
where it is never preceded by a space...

> On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> >
> >   include:~/.lynx/rc for COLOR KEYMAP VIEWER SUFFIX
> >

>   IMO, implementation of  this "sugar" won't be obvious, and this will be
> inconsistent with syntax of other lynx options.

I still like it... but not to the point that I insist if nobody
agrees.  This option is different from all other options though, it's
kind of a meta-option, therefore I would find this deviation ok.

Someone coming across the construct in an existing lynx.cfg can more
immediately grasp what it's about (even if comments are stripped).
Someone starting to *use* (write for) the extended functionality has
to newly learn it anyway.

Anyway, whatever you do, it should probably include the possibility
of <">quoting<">.

     Klaus