Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 07:50:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > > name is unquoted, and look for it if quoted. And how users will
> > > be able to quote filenames with '"' in them - the '\' is already
> > > used on MSDOS, so we have to invent another escape character if
> > > we accept quoting...
> another way of escaping '"' in quoted filenames - this can be
> confusing, but on the other hand, we can't use backslashes as escape
> char since they are present in dos pathnames.

I am a little confused by this, since I always use the forward
slash convention (DJGPP accepts either). I had thought that DOS
pathnames with backslashes required quoting in lynx.cfg (e.g.
c:\\lynx\\lynx.cfg). Do we really have code that accepts unquoted
backslashes for DOS paths?
                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman