Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:18:29 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 25-Apr-99 06:54 Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > Why not use just ' ' space?   Apart from disallowing filenames with
> > spaces, it looks non-intuitive, as if several files were included.
>
> > Actually, in *this* case (not generally), I'm in favor of adding some
> > syntactic sugar.  As in
>
> >   include:~/.lynx/rc for COLOR KEYMAP VIEWER SUFFIX
>
> I read all this thread and think Klaus' idea with space
> and a reserved word "for" looks best.
> There is no problem to explain this syntax in lynx.cfg
> so nobody will be confused, and literal " for " in filenames
> seems a very rare case (so we get an extra recovery).
>
> (As for my original DOS problem I set HOME variable
> and include:~/lynx.cfg   without full path so it was expanded
> by read_cfg() so I work around this particular case).

 OK, scanning for specific substring (be it ' for ' or ' :') as separator is
much simpler, than implementing quoting/escaping mechanism for a particular
setting. Here are my wishes:
 on unix, accept  both ':' and ' for ' as separators, and accept ' for ' only
as separator on other OSes. Unix users, that will be confused by such "sweet"
syntax, as ' for ', can use ':' as separator, while people on other OSes have
to use ' for ' unconditionally.

 Let's think more..

>[...]

 Best regards,