lynx-dev BUG (weird one): long filenames, specialized downloader, other

From: John Bley
Subject: lynx-dev BUG (weird one): long filenames, specialized downloader, other stuff
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

I haven't the time right now to fully investigate this (debug, trace,
etc.), but it is repeatable (dev25):

1) Make a specialized DOWNLOADER (I have one that simply cp's to /tmp/jbb6/)
2) Go to www.mozilla.org/status/, find the "M5 bugs" link at the bottom
   of the page, and click it.  It's got a weird MIME type and a *very*
   long and strange name.
3) Select the specialized downloader.  Try to edit the filename.  There are
   several hundred extra spaces added onto it.  When I delete, the cursor
   appears to stop around 11 cols "out" from where it should (but still
   deleting).  When the whole name is erased, the cursor is one off from
   where it should be.  Typing a name like "foo" moves the cursor but
   doesn't display characters.

Result: Core dump from lynx (whether the filename was edited or not).

Might just be me, but it's repeatable here.  The cursor thing might be a
curses issue but I doubt it (never done weird things to me before).

Like I said, I'll take a look at it when I have more time; final exams
are coming up.  Yikes.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science