Re: lynx-dev Dired_support under MSDOS

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dired_support under MSDOS
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > this looks as if it would be useful, if it works, but no-one commented:
> > did it get overlooked?  TD?  DK?
>
> I didn't overlook it; it looks like it needs some work (some of the ifdef's
> and the workaround for lstat, for instance).  So I'll hold it until DK or LP
> does check it.

I'll try to look at this when I get a chance to build the new version.
I haven't built any since dev.21. I can try to see if it works, but as
you know, I don't know C, so if there are problems I can just stumble
around for a while looking for the solution. I am not sure that there
is a great need for dired functionality under DOS, since it is simple
to shell out and invoke a program like LIST to do this easily. As long
as it doesn't add to bloat of the lynx executable, or increase the
chance that someone will accidentally delete a file, it is reasonable
to try to make the DOS functionality match the unix version.
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)