Re: lynx-dev Please help me!

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Please help me!
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:36:31 +0100 (BST)

                             ^^^^^^

> I2lmbmRlZiBfX0xZTEVBS1NfSAovKgogKglBdm9pZCBpbmNsdWRlIHJlZHVuZGFuY3kKICoJSW5j

Please don't attach text files as though they were binary.

> b3UgZW5jb3VudGVyIHByb2JsZW1zIHdpdGggY2FzZS1pbnNlbnNpdGl2ZSBzZWFyY2hlcy4KIwoj
> Rk9SQ0VfOEJJVFyCiMgVVJMcyB0aGF0IGluY2x1ZGUg
> dGhlIGNvbnRlbnQgZnJvbSBmb3JtIHN1Ym1pc3Npb25zIHdpdGggbWV0aG9kIEdFVC4KIyBJZiBs

and particularly not if they are going to get broken in transit.

>From what others have replied, I wonder if you are trying to compile
on a commercial operating system with a gcc binary but without the
native development system.  E.g. SCO 3.2v4.2 requires you to *buy*
the development system, for most practical purposes, before you can
successfully compile with gcc, and SCO 3.2v5.0.x requires you to
explicitly install the development libraries and headers from the
distribution medium, even though they are included in the licence.

You didn't say which OS, let alone which version.