Re: lynx-dev Re: BUG (weird one): long filenames, specialized

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: BUG (weird one): long filenames, specialized
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:01:28 -0400 (EDT)

>  I meant LYReadCFG.c, where I used automatic buffer to uppercase name
> of allowed setting. IMO names of allowed settings are and will be short
> enough to be served by automatic buffer. :)

The people who self-righeously give us grief about core dumps don't
care whether it's from reading a config file or from connecting to
a secure website.

Along those lines, a past acquaintance pointed out that if a program
cannot recover from, say, reading itself as a datafile, it probably
isn't robust enough for production use.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden