Re: lynx-dev bug?

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:19:15 +0500 (SAMST)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, David wrote:

> this is a possible bug..
>
> i compiled lynx with: ./configure --enable-font-switch
>
> i ran lynx and everything was fine...  i exited lynx using shift + q
>
> every one of my virtual consoles have lines and garbage between each
> line of text (but not effected X at all).. looking somewhat like:
>

> hello how are
> =============================
> =============================
> today?
> =============================
> =============================
>
> ....  i am not sure what the problem is...
>
> INFORMATION
> --------------
> redhat linux 5.2 i686
> lynx 2.8.2dev.25
>

> any response will be appreciated..
> thank you
>
> David Hill

 I also encountered this on my RedHat 5.1 and RedHat 5.2 with lynx configured
with --enable-color-styles (not tested without lss support). I don't know why
it happens. If you issue 'reset' in such condition, lines became not doubled,
but the screen width is reduced by half (and is printed in upper half).
 I didn't encounterthis problem regulary - it appeared from time to time.

 I didn't find solution to this, so I omit this switch while configuring lynx.

 BTW, do you '--enable-color-styles' while configuring?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad