lynx-dev FWD: Lynx on Openvms question

From: Sini Srinivasan
Subject: lynx-dev FWD: Lynx on Openvms question
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:31:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi;
Did you folks receive my earlier e-mail asking for help on use of Lynx
on openVMS.
Appreciate if you can respond.

thanks.
Sini

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual  sender,
except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views of
Reuters Ltd.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Lynx on Openvms question Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:27:15 GMT Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:27:16 GMT
Hi;
Here is what we like to do from a  ALPHA OpenVMS 7.1

1.      Would like to run LYNX without a Phsycial terminal. That is
not as interactive process.
        We want to run LYNX as either a Batch process or detached
process.

        The idea is for a VMS system at scheduled intervals connect to
a WEB server (non-VMS) with some arguments.

        Depending on the URL and arguments appropriate actions such a
sending mail will take place on the WEB server.

2.      Can we similarly do FTP from LYNX without a terminal - ie. in
batch or as  detached process.

3.      Licensing issues:
        We can get from COMPAQ Freeware CD that has a more recent
version of LYNX than we currently have.

        If we use it for an application in house on VMS is there a fee
that we have to pay.

4.      Is the source available ?

Thanks,
Sini Srinivasan.