Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8 vs. 2.3?

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8 vs. 2.3?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:48:25 -0400

Hello, John.   You might want to try the "tag soup" method of parsing the
page, accessible with ctrl-V.  I didn't go to your test page to test it, so
this is just a hunch.

At 09:27 AM 4/29/99 -0400, The Pokie Hokie wrote:
>Hello Lynx,
>
>    Using lynx v2.8rel.2, I am unable to "link" to items in an item
>list (<LI> tag) when the tag is (incorrectly) placed before the high-
>lighted text rather than the anchor tag.  However, a local service using
>Lynx v2.3 does not have this problem.  It seems tedious to have to
>switch to an obsolete service to secure linking to the items, and I
>wonder if there is a LYNX.CFG setting I can use to secure access from
>my v2.8 Lynx.  Can you assist me?  The LYNX.CFG file is 1759 lines &
>would be time-consuming to check, especially if it turns out that I've
>no option, or that it lurks elsewhere.
>
>    You may need to know that I'm running Lynx v2.8rel.2 on an Alpha 3000/600
>running VMS7.1 -- as is the v2.3 service.  The URL in question is:
>
>        http://stars.gsfc.nasa.gov/www/iso_lasp/iso9000.html -- ISO 9000 &
LASP

>       Thanks for your help,
>
>        -------------------------------
>        John Bogert (The Pokie Hokie),
>
>-- MAIL -------------------------------+- PHONE ------------
>Goddard Space Flight Center            |  301-552-2681 (home)
>     Mail Stop 686.0                   |
>     Greenbelt Md 20771                |  301-332-3368 (cell)
>E-Mail: address@hidden     |
>    OR: address@hidden     |  301-286-4885 (work)

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congres    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com