Re: lynx-dev reading news

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reading news
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Eugene I. Ostrenski wrote:

>    I use MS-DOS based Lynx version 2.8 1 dev 1. When I type "news:*"; at the
> command line  diagnose "ICMP:port unreachable" is appeared.

The DOS port doesn't support news: or ftp: URLs, unless you have a proxy
available. If you have another news program, you can use the EXTERNAL
mechanism. This isn't the usual error message, however. Are you using
the Win32 port or the DOS port? The first part of this reply applies
only to the DOS port, not the Win32 port.
                                   Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)