lynx-dev Re: Bug?

From: dickey
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Bug?
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 07:04:50 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi,
>
>       I've noticed a problem (a bug?) in the lynx.cfg file: In the Color
> Configuration section of the file, on the
> COLOR:4:whatevercolor:whatevercolor, I noticed no matter what you enter as
> the color, it will either show up in Lynx as either bright white or gray
> depending on whether or not you set the background color to black or
> whatever color. Is this a known (or unknown) bug, or a misperception
> on my part? Here's my version:

no - sounds like a problem setting up lynx to recognize color (if you
don't specify --with-screen=ncurses or --with-screen=slang, it will
look for the default curses library, which may not support color), or
that your $TERM doesn't correspond to a terminal that supports color.

some of this is covered in my ncurses faq:

The current version of ncurses is 4.2 (5.0 in beta)
There's an faq at
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

--
Thomas E. Dickey