Re: lynx-dev patch to fix several -prettysrc problems

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch to fix several -prettysrc problems
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 16:52:25 -0700

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 12:12:32PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >
> > >  This patch will fix following problems reported by LP:
> > >
> > > * 8bit attribute values are now translated in psrc view
> > > * trailing ';' now is shown after HTML entities.
> > >
> > > begin 644 patch1.gz
> > > end
> >
> > Could you please send patches as text, not uuencoded, if possible.
> > I'd prefer that a lot, it has always been The Way to send patches
> > to lynx-dev, and nobody seems to have complained.
>
> Sometimes it does - some people appear to cut/paste from another window,
> making the patches unusable (lines get split or wrapped).
>
> Aside from that (if they mail what's actually the diff rather than a pasted
> version), it doesn' matter much to me - we shouldn't have any non-ASCII
> characters in the source code, there's no other transmission problems that
> I'm aware of.

What's so bad about uudecode and gzcat?

About wider-than-80 columns, I doubt if there would be a problem
with Kermit, which is what I use now.  HOWEVER -- before using
kermit, I used to use Sun's "tip" program, and by golly, THAT
program would just barf horribly if it saw a line wider than 80.

Maybe there are still other programs in use that have the same
<= 80 behavior.

David