Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 16:47:41 -0700

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 09:14:38AM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> From: David Combs <address@hidden>
>

> > eg, on solaris, lynx could be provided via a Sun "package",
> > and on windows, etc, via dlls or whatever.
>
> That's different - that has to do with providing binaries - people
> who want to do that already are.  Check out the sunfreeware.com site to
> see if lynx isn't already available for Solaris, etc.  If someone here
... <snip>

  [51]libg++-2.7.1
   [52]libstdc++- 2.8.1
   [53]lsof-4.11
   [54]lynx-2.7.1
   [55]m4-1.4
   [56]make-3.77

That's what they have for 2.5 sparc.

Only an OLD version.

And no lynx at all for 2.6 and 2.7  (actually, very very few
  of any programs for 2.7.  Is sun telling us something about 2.7?)

Seems to me that WE should make lynx packages available, whenever
a new "supported" version appears.

(Now, let's see -- who on this list might have access to
 machines with solaris 2.5.1, 2.6, and 2.7 -- maybe not only
 sparc but intel too.  Let me think a bit -- geez, just WHO might
 that be?    ;-)   )

David