lynx-dev Re: patch to fix several -prettysrc problems

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: patch to fix several -prettysrc problems
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 17:20:07 -0400

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 12:12:32PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > Could you please send patches as text, not uuencoded, if possible.
> > I'd prefer that a lot, it has always been The Way to send patches
> > to lynx-dev, and nobody seems to have complained.
> Sometimes it does - some people appear to cut/paste from another window,
> making the patches unusable (lines get split or wrapped).
> Aside from that (if they mail what's actually the diff rather than a pasted
> version), it doesn' matter much to me - we shouldn't have any non-ASCII
> characters in the source code, there's no other transmission problems that
> I'm aware of.
> >   Klaus

I'd prefer long patches (>~20K) not go to the list. Such long patches
should be referenced by a URL. If a contributor can't create a web page,
one of the other friendly developers can do so. Long files tend to slow
down the net (copies to everyone), as well as fill up the email archives
with source code instead of comments and other human readable text.

Just my $0.02 :-).

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: