Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 12:53:50 +0400 (MSD)

>      * Subject: Re: lynx-dev structured description of lynx.cfg settings
>      * From: Vlad Harchev <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 06:19:09 +0500 (SAMST)

> On Sat, 1 May 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>>[...]
>> This can be a maintenance problem for lynx.cfg future.
>> Currently we need to add a line into LYReadCFG.c table
>> and drop a comment into lynx.cfg, now we need to change
>> in sync several files under scripts/ directory also.
>>
>> Is it possible to change LYReagCFG.c table format to add
>> several fields above into that king of structure?
>> (probably we need an aux program gotten from a separate compilation
>> of LYReadCFG.c with other options to exclude long text fields
>> like "description" from a regular lynx binary).
>> This also adds a portability for non-UNIX lynx ports.
>>
>> [...]
>  Nothing that is generated from files in /scripts gets to lynx binary - it
> gets to $(helpdir)/lynxcfg/* - so it won't increase lynx binary size. IMO we
I do understand this.

I rather propose another way to do more things in LYReadCFG.c,
for example add a field for initialization value into LYReadCFG.c table so a
new function init_cfg() can be called from main(), this also necessary for
reload_read_cfg() to work properly. So your script will not parse userdefs.h
in this case but LYReadCFG.c table instead. Those are quite parallel ways.

Also body.in syntax is not very simple, though understandable.