From: Karl Eichwalder
Date: 02 May 1999 08:41:36 +0200

|   The workaround (which works for both parsers) is
|   to put a <p> before the first <pre>.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's a no go.  I'll _never_ start to
write code to "help" a browser...  But mayby, I take you wrong?

The forthcoming XML will (hopefully) help to write better parser and
formatter engines.  XML doesn't allow "ommitting" end tags :-)

|   Putting the extra blank line at the start of the first <pre>
|   fixes the problem with Klaus' parser but
|   causes the tagsoup parser to spit out an extra blank line.

Mayby, lynx need a third parser, that know to handle valid HTML ;)

--
Karl Eichwalder