Re: lynx-dev patch to fix several -prettysrc problems

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch to fix several -prettysrc problems
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 11:46:10 +0100 (BST)

> What's so bad about uudecode and gzcat?

You have to run them.  If I see a patch on this list the only thing
I am likely to do is to read it to see if I agree with it.  If someone
sends it as anything but plain text, correctly labelled as such, I'm
not going to bother, so it was just a waste of my bandwidth.

(I can tolerate MIME QP, provide the content type is text/*; I can review
MIME BASE64, with content type text/*, but unless I have very strong views,
you will not get a comment on it, because I will have to decode it
before including it in the reply.  As noted before, MUTT tends to mislabel
text attachments.)

Please remember that this is a user support group, as well as a developers'
group.  Any huge patches are likely to scare off users from reading the
group, thus increasing the number of FAQs asked.