Re: lynx-dev Table support?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Table support?
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:03:09 -0400 (EDT)

> I've read in certain places that Lynx supports tables.  I
> have version 2.8, and it doesn't support tables at all.  Is
> there an addition that I must download and install in order
> to get Lynx to view tables?

lynx 2.8 supports tables out of the box.

So, what do you mean "it doesn't support tables at all"?

Do you have a URL which contains tables in vanilla HTML (that is - not
within Javascript or Java code or any other construct that isn't supported)
but which lynx refuses to display the data within the table construct?

Can you show us the URL that brought you to the above conclusion?

To the rest of the list - perhaps it would be worthwhile to construct a
few .html files for the test directory containing sample tables, frames,
style sheets, dynamic html, and other HTML 4.x constructs -
demonstrating the techniques recommended for supporting text browsers
such as lynx?
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>