Re: lynx-dev gettext yes/no (was: structured description of lynx.cfg set

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext yes/no (was: structured description of lynx.cfg settings)
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:55:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> Since these cases depend on first-letter, can we add numbers so that NLS
> messages can be clearer:
>
> Allow? (Y/N/Always/Never) => Allow? (1=Y/2=N/3=Always/4=Never)

The prompt was already too long to fit much other useful information
on the same statusline, it is even worse in the translation for languages
where words are on average longer than English - what's in the de.po
for the cookie prompts is extremely ugly.  Making a change that takes
up eight more characters, even for English, makes this only worse
for everyone.

I don't see a simple way to generalize the approach for yes/no in
HTConfirm() to other keys, but there must be one...

     Klaus