Re: lynx-dev Table support?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Table support?
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:16:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>990504 Larry Virden wrote:
>>> Lynx doesn't support tables,
>> Technically that is not correct.
>> Lynx recognizes the table tag and outputs the contents of the tags.
>
>like what can i say?  Lynx doesn't support tables:
>tables are 2-dimensional (ok theoretically  >= 2-dimensional )
>& Lynx reproduces them in 1 dimension: that's not table support.

Please implement horizontal scrolling.  I believe that would be one step
in an evolution to provide better table support in Lynx.

Heck, I admit it -- I use GUI browsers when looking at quote.yahoo.com and
a few of the online TV information sites I use (if they don't provide a list
view)...  precisely because of the bad way they look in Lynx.  (Well, when I'm
at home and only have Lynx, I use it.. but you get the idea)

But at least _for me_, the biggest problem is the wrapping, since tables are
obviously wider than 80 columns most of the time.   I think some would
look much better if I could horizontally scroll the info.

The few times I've tried to look at Lynx source, I get lost in twisty source
code, all alike...