Re: lynx-dev 'advanced' suggestion

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 'advanced' suggestion
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:29:52 +0900 (JST)

> >No need. Simply use the gettext function:
> >
> >msgid "Edit this document's URL: "
> >msgstr " URL =A4=F2=CA=D4=BD=B8=A1=A7"
>
> I don't know what these 8 bit characters are..

Sorry. Japanese for "Edit URL: "; it's shorter was the point.
Also, that you can do anything you want, even say "=> ".

> Are you saying, without recompiling, that I can change the strings?

You need to compile with "--enable-nls" as a minimum. You'll have to
study a little bit about how to edit a *.po file, and then "compile"
it. But, yes, all strings enclosed in gettext() can be edited separately
from the raw c code. There really are very few "hardcoded" strings in
Lynx anymore.

__Henry