Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 06:43:18 -0700

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 08:08:17AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> 990506 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 990506 Philip Webb wrote:
> >> sorry if i haven't been paying attention, but what does VH's patch do?
> > It makes a hierarchically structured html file,
> > organizing the information in  lynx.cfg
> > My problem is with the means by which it is accomplished.
>
> yes, that was my general impression.
> anything which makes  lynx.cfg  easier for users to use would be good.

Please do make the first time this goes into effect for
a user a "big deal" for him (for me!) -- SHOUT OUT in LARGE
LETTERS (that stay on the screen for a few seconds at least)
that this has been done, and give a pointer to a "help"
on just what and why it has happened.

(Of course, an auto-backup of the OLD file goes without saying.)

David