Re: lynx-dev https urls

From: Mengmeng Zhang
Subject: Re: lynx-dev https urls
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:06:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, David Combs wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 03:45:01AM -0500, Richard M. Wilkinson wrote:
> > <snip>
> >     One problem I have been encountering is the use of "secure" online
> > ordering links.  When I attempt to activate these links a message appears
> > saying "alert: this client does not support https urls".  I assume this
> > <snip>
> Same thing happened to me two days ago.  Must be something recent.
> Am using:
>
>   Lynx 2.8.2dev.20 (17 Mar 1999) ([1]development version) - [2]compile time
> options
>
> David

I believe you need to compile in the SSL patch. You can find it at
http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/. AFAIK, it'll only work with 2.8.1 though.
I'm sure a new patch will come out once 2.8.2rel comes out. You should
also be careful about the legality stuff about using the SSL patch, since
it involves the US encryption export crap.

HTH,
MZhang