Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx work...

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx work...
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 19:43:16 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

>[....] :-)

 IMO we should start NEWS file in order to list user-visible changes. Here are
few entries (a list of user changes I know - it's definitely incomplete).
It tracks user-visible commands mostly up to dev18.

* A lot of bug fixes
* A lot of documentation changes.
* A lot of dead code removed
* Implemented partial display logic.
* Implemented source caching of files being downloaded
* History of status line messages can be browsed with '^H' command
* List of compile-time lynx options can be browsed
* Info screen (invoked on '=') was extended if in Advanced mode
* The track of configuration files read by lynx can be displayed, with a list
  of settings that were read from them.
* Color styles support was fixed and can be considered production-quality
  any-more. (FIXME: this may be brave)
* Added command "ADDRLIST", invoked with 'A',
* Charsets handling was greatly improved.
* Mouse input was improved.
* Implemented pretty source view (if configured with --enable-prettysrc and
  invoked with -prettysrc)
* Command-line options can start with '--'
* Syntax of 'INCLUDE' command was extended
* Anchors can be specified for commands 'g','G','E'

 Best regards,
  -Vlad