lynx-dev FTP via lynx (DOS) (Was: No Subject)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev FTP via lynx (DOS) (Was: No Subject)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 18:58:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Yuriy G. Balagezyan wrote:

> I have the operating system, pc DOS 7.0 installed on my computer,,
> and I use DOS port of Lynx 2.8 to work in internet. When I have
> matter with HTTP servers, all goes well, but when I apply to Proxy
> server to have access to FTP sites, I cannot recieve any document.

DOS 7.0 is generally used on systems that have Windows. Are you
using the DOS port or the Windows port? If the Windows port, it
does FTP without a proxy. If using this port, is a proxy actually
required (e.g. are you really behind a firewall)? If using the DOS
port, are you sure that the proxy supports ftp? Are you sure that
you have "ftp_proxy" properly configured either in lynx.cfg or as an
environment variable? If your answer still isn't clear, make a small
trace file by typing CTRL-T just before trying to access a file via
ftp, then quit lynx and look for a file in your HOME directory called
Lynx.trace or LY_trace.log. This may show you where the problem lies.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)