Re: lynx-dev SSL support now?

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SSL support now?
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 09:27:46 -0400

A U.S. District Court upheld the right of the inventor to distribute
Snuffle, a crypto algorithm.   I read about it on Cnet's News.com site.
Who knows  whether the government will appeal the decision.

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,36217,00.html?st.ne.fd.gif.h
At 03:11 AM 5/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
>990506 Mike Glamm wrote:
>> Now that the courts have destroyed the (bad) export laws,
>
>i haven't seen anything about that in Washington Post, Reuter or AP;
>something was making progress in Congress, but hadn't been finished.
>what is your information & where did you get it?
>
>> will SSL be included with Lynx?
>
>there would still be a problem with patents, but it might be a small one.
>
>--
>SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : address@hidden
>ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|  Centre for Urban & Community Studies
>TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'  University of Toronto

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congres    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com