Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 14:19:59 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 7 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > [...]
> >   IMO it's also reasonable to apply this patch. It will modify LYReadCFG.c,
> > making for each setting name "XYZ" at page displaying 'LYNXCFG:/'
> > hyperlinks
> > to "$(helpdir)/lynxcfg.body.html#XYZ". So, even if functionality of
> > standalone c preprocessor is not availble, user will get description of
> > each
> > setting present in lynx.cfg.
> >   We can also modify configure.in so that it will check whether $(CPP)
> > works
> > OK, and if yes, generate *.html files.
>
> that doesn't work on VMS.
>
> also, it doesn't matter if $(CPP) "works".  there are a number of workable
> C preprocessors that simply refuse to process files that don't look like
> C language (in fact, there's no requirement that they do so - one of the
> problems the X Consortium ran into in porting imake: they had to make
> arrangements with some vendors to retain a K&R-style cpp to continue).

 As I remember, some cpp is shipped with XFree distribution. May be it can be
included in distribution of lynx for such purposes? If yes, we can hack it to
support macros with variable number of ags ala gnu cpp, so we solve 2nd
problem too (CTRACE macro). What are legal issues for this?

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad