Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:08:11 +0900 (JST)

>  Please read messages more carefully. It's not a htmlized copy of userdefs.h.

My choice of the word "copy" was poor, but I still view the idea as an
htmlized regurgitation of the information in userdefs.h.

>  Making lynx lean <-> not including probably useful functionality. Please
> don't prevent lynx to evolve.

I am not in a position to "prevent" anything, but if I don't like the
direction that Lynx seems to be evolving, then I see no reason to be
quiet about it.  In the end, lynx-dev as a whole will be the judge.

Rather than assume that the "useful functionality" is _obviously_ useful
to everyone, I think you might at least give a few hints to us users what's
so great about it.  Tell me in simple terms why it's so great to be able to
have Lynx tell me how it's configured when I configured it.

__Henry