lynx-dev EBCDIC and HTMLDTD.{c,h}

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev EBCDIC and HTMLDTD.{c,h}
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:23:40 -0500 (CDT)

Note to Paul:

In the tags_new[] array, the position of entries for H1 .. H6 is
changed for EBCDIC.  I assume this is necessary because digits
are ordered after letters in EBCDIC, and lookup of element names
uses the native order (using strcasecomp() in SGMLFindTag();
other places??).

But the reordering-for-EBCDIC is not done in either tags_old[]
or the enum _HTMLElement.  I don't think this can be right -
it should be either in all theses places, or nowhere.

Maybe a different strcasecomp()-like function, based on the
ASCII order, should be used instead of changing the order
in enums and initializers.  Lookup of entity names seems to
have the same kind of problem, it has been 'solved' in a
different way (linear search instead of binary search) at
least in HTMLGetEntityUCValue().

  Klaus