Re: lynx-dev EBCDIC and HTMLDTD.{c,h}

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev EBCDIC and HTMLDTD.{c,h}
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:52:34 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Klaus Weide said:

> Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:23:40 -0500 (CDT)
>
> But the reordering-for-EBCDIC is not done in either tags_old[]
> or the enum _HTMLElement.  I don't think this can be right -
> it should be either in all theses places, or nowhere.

Thanks for noticing this.  I confess I fixed what testing
showed to be broken, and ceased testing when I got what I
perceived to be a workable Lynx.  I guess this means the
testing was exhausting rather than exhaustive.  :-)

> Maybe a different strcasecomp()-like function, based on the
> ASCII order, should be used instead of changing the order
> in enums and initializers.  Lookup of entity names seems to
> have the same kind of problem, it has been 'solved' in a
> different way (linear search instead of binary search) at
> least in HTMLGetEntityUCValue().

I wish I had thought of that. :-)  But what should it be called?
I wonder what it will do to performance?  (but, of course,
suitable "#ifdef"s leave zero impact in the ASCII case.)

This doesn't fit into my schedule for 2-8-2.  Nor, I suspect,
does it fit in Tom's.  :-)

-- gil