Re: lynx-dev Compile problems w/Borland CBuilder4 (C++5.4)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Compile problems w/Borland CBuilder4 (C++5.4)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> I've just gotten a new compiler for Win32 in hopes of being able to
> build Lynx distributions. The box says "CBuilder 4", but the command
> line mode tells me it's "Borland C++ 5.4 for Win32". I'm trying to adapt
> some of the existing Borland makefiles, etc. that Wayne Buttles had
> done. Apparently a lot of internals have changed...

I don't have a Win32 compiler, but you might want to look at the file
of diffs to the source code and make files done by Hiroyuki Senshu,
who has been keeping the binary files available on the net current.
It is within the lha file. He may be able to help with Win32 specific
compiling problems. I have been using his binary on my Win98 machine
without any problems. Perhaps some day the changes can be merged with
the main lynx distribution.
"ftp://crab.it.osha.sut.ac.jp/pub/Win32/develope/senshu/Lynx";
                         Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)