Re: lynx-dev y2k readiness of lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev y2k readiness of lynx
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:27:11 -0400 (EDT)

990517 Oliver Daly inquired:
> I was wondering if lynx is y2k ready?
> I require this information for the audit of our systems.

as free software, Lynx comes without warranty of any kind,
but the volunteer developers try to make sure it is bug-free.
the answer to your question is in the README file:

YEAR 2000 COMPLIANCE

   We believe Lynx works properly for the Year 2000 issues,
   since it does not store dates in 2-digit form.
   Since it must communicate with a wide range of web servers,
   it interprets dates in a variety of formats.  In particular,
   if Lynx receives a date with a 2-digit year,
   it assumes that values less than 70 are in the range 2000-2069.