Re: lynx-dev SSL Support for Lynx 2.8.2

From: Mark Mentovai
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SSL Support for Lynx 2.8.2
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:16:26 -0400

Philip Webb wrote:
>i don't use SSL, but lynx-dev gets regular inquiries from users:
>what you have been doing is valuable to a lot of people.

Thank you, I appreciate all of the positive feedback I've been getting from
everyone about the SSL patch.

>the RSA patent runs out soon, doesn't it?

The RSA patent (US patent 4,405,829) was issued on September 29, 1983.  US
patents are valid for 17 years, so the RSA patent will expire in September
2000.

BTW, the patch for 2.8.2pre3 should work just as well on 2.8.2pre4.  See
http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/ to obtain the latest version.

-MM

--
Mark Mentovai