lynx-dev cookie file observation/question

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev cookie file observation/question
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:25:04 -0700

Ever since the (now fixed) snafu a few releases ago, caused the
.cookie file to get wiped out, I've been dup'ing it when testing
a new release.

A curiousity that I've noticed, is that on each lynx invocation,
the new .cookie file that is written upon exiting lynx, is written
in the reverse order of the pre-invocation file (ie, invoke/exit
lynx twice in a row, and the .cookie file is back to the original
order).

Functionally, I'm sure the ordering of the entries probably doesn't
matter, but I find the behavior somewhat "unusual".

Without slogging thru the code, I wonder if this is being done for
a reason (performance, I'd guess), or is just an oversight of some
sort ...?

/kim

"Curiouser, and curiouser."   --Alice