lynx-dev Lynx accessibility issue

From: BMcComb
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx accessibility issue
Date: 18 May 1999 09:46:12 PDT

I run The Columbia Free-Net (http://www.tcfn.org) and make a big effort
to make sure that my pages are Lynx accessible.

I'm in the process of redesigning my pages (for example:
http://www.tcfn.org/cbpin) and am having a problem with the <b> and
<strong> tags.  I use the local libraries server to test my pages (not
sure what Lynx version they are running).  When I use either bold tags,
it makes the text underlined and also causes other "misinterpretations"
such as centering.

Is there an alternative to the bold tags?

Thanks,

Bruce McComb
Executive Director and TCFN Webmaster

                                RECA FOUNDATION
                  1326 W. 7th Pl, #J1  Kennewick, Wa 99336
                Phone:  (509) 543-2910  e-mail:  address@hidden

TCFN     The Columbia Free-Net, Modem: (509) 543-2900
telnet://tcfn.org,                http://www.tcfn.org

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music he hears, however measured
or far away."   Thoreau