Re: lynx-dev Lynx accessibility issue

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx accessibility issue
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:04:24 +0400 (MSD)

18-May-99 09:46 address@hidden wrote:
> I run The Columbia Free-Net (http://www.tcfn.org) and make a big effort
> to make sure that my pages are Lynx accessible.

> I'm in the process of redesigning my pages (for example:
> http://www.tcfn.org/cbpin) and am having a problem with the <b> and
> <strong> tags.  I use the local libraries server to test my pages (not
> sure what Lynx version they are running).  When I use either bold tags,
press '=' for information page, version info there. Current is 2.8.1
> it makes the text underlined and also causes other "misinterpretations"
> such as centering.

Any reasonably modern version of Lynx supports colors
(and even much more enhanced colors in some configurations).
Bold and other emphasizes interpreted with color
unless you push lynx to black-and-white mode so underlines comes.

Other "misinterpretations" may occur: tables, frames - looks different,
javascript - not supported.

> Is there an alternative to the bold tags?
try any HTML reference.