Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:41:14 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 19 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > 18-May-99 07:48 Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > >  IMO lynx_help/lynxcfg/*.html are worth including in the pre5 even
> > > without support for LYNXSETTINGSTATUS:// so lynx-devers and users will
> > > check
> > > them.
> > Sure, agree (where Tom?).
>
> Tom's watching the general response from lynx-dev, which has been lukewarm
> to this proposal.

 IMO we should thought of a standard way of voting for inclusion of patches
that add additional functionality. There are 2 ways:
1) Each person of lynx-dev posts a message 'I agree' - so lynx dev will
   be filled by hundred of messages if everybody cares to vote (this variant
   seems to be stupid)
2) Anyone who has objections against that patch posts a message with a list of
   objections explained.
Of course this procedure should be applied to patches that add additional
functionality, not bugfixes.

 Seems that 2) is much preferable. By this scheme, everybody agrees with that
proposal :)

 I'm serious, let's select one of these 2 ways of voting.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad