Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:06:25 +0900 (JST)

> >  IMO lynx_help/lynxcfg/*.html are worth including in the pre5 even
> > without support for LYNXSETTINGSTATUS:// so lynx-devers and users will check
> > them.
> Sure, agree (where Tom?).

I've already spoken more than my own share, so I only ask that people
try these files out and give their opinions.  This is not "yelling from
the bleachers;" it is a very important part of the development process.
Once something gets into the distribution it is next to impossible to
clean it out if it becomes obsolete or is no longer maintained.  My
evaluation remains despite the rebuttals that there is no focus on the
intended user: for the end user (even ADVANCED mode) it is too cryptic
and technical, for the sysadm or self-installer it is redundant; thus
it adds nothing that cannot already be gained by visiting the `=' page.

If it is really as good as the author says, it will last, will be
incorporated into the next release, and through trial and criticism
will become a better product.  Why the rush?

__Henry